Friday, May 25, 2012

Kitten Chow


A couple weeks ago, Alex and I were craving something sweet. Seeing as we hadn't been grocery shopping in  a while, our selection was somewhat limited. However, I, being so creative and awesome, came up with an amazing version of Puppy Chow. Last week, I made a bigger batch of this crazy good stuff to give to some friends. Puppy Chow, as you probably know, is chocolate and peanut butter coated Chex cereal. Kitten Chow is butterscotch and peanut butter coated honey graham cereal.

First, I started off with a box of generic honey grahams. I don't remember what size box, I just know it was the smaller one. I poured it into a large mixing bowl (use one that has a lid, preferably. You'll see why later.)
  

Then, in a microwave safe dish, I took about a cup of butterscotch chips

Half a cup of peanut butter

And 1/4 cup butter

I melted it all in the microwave until runny and stirred until smooth. In this picture here, they needed melted just a little more to make the mixture really smooth

Then, I poured the melted mixture over the cereal and stirred with a rubber spatula until all the cereal was evenly coated
Then, I let it sit an hour to cool and let the mixture harden a little. After that, I sprinkled about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.

I put the lid on the bowl and shook it.. this is what it looked like when I opened it!

Then, I packaged it all pretty-like to give to our friends:


Kitten Chow Recipe

1 small box honey graham cereal
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Pour cereal into large container or mixing bowl, something that has a lid. In a microwaveable dish, pour the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and butter and melt in the microwave until smooth and runny, about 2.5 minutes. Pour over the cereal and stir with a rubber spatula until all the cereal is evenly coated. Let sit for an hour, until the mixture has cooled and hardened. Add powdered sugar and cover bowl. Shake until mixture is evenly covered with powdered sugar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment