Wednesday, May 30, 2012

There's nothing like drinking a Tazo iced chai latte on a hot May afternoon,

especially in a cute little cup.

We had to say goodbye to Faylene today, a dear friend who came to visit and to have some retreat time. She wasn't here long, but she blessed us with some cookies, rather, the mix that she had intended to make but the cabin she was in did not have any cookie pans or mixing bowls! But, I mixed them up this afternoon and made little sandwiches.


They were "strawberry lemonade" cookies. Not bad :)

I also made some tortillas today, but had to make white ones as I am out of wheat flour

They turned out really soft and pretty and I hope they'll be good as quesadillas tonight!


Other than that I've been spending the day praying, worshiping and in other words, trying to get my head on straight. Came across this verse today:

"It is in vain that you rise up early
    and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
    for he gives to his beloved sleep."
(psalm 127v2)

and that is exactly what i needed to read today.


No comments:

Post a Comment